Tuesday 22 July 2008

West Highland Way Barbie like, ken...

Sundays outing was of the non sporting variety, a barbie for all the Carnegie Harriers WHW runners and supporters. It was good to see everybody again and talk WHW for a whole afternoon!
The highlight was Tommy's video footage, what a laugh. I was a bit embarrassed about my mid race interview at Auchtertyre though. I look and sound like a total Fifer jakey! How I didn't get pulled out of the race I'll never know! I was slurring all my words in my best Ballingry accent whilst ramming massive spoonfuls of tattie mush into my gob. "So how have you enjoyed the race so far?" "ach, no bad, I wuz pish up Loach Lomund, ma quadz wur burst n a couldnae stuy awake likes" then I proceeded to shake hands with my early shift support crew "cheers boayz, that wuz brulliant, a couldnae done it wi' oot yiz likes"..... no wonder when I asked Jens earlier in the race... "wot d ye think aboot yaezin powulls fur Moont Blonk, then neebz??" he looked at me blankly and carried on running! It takes a lang spoon indeed!
If I can get a hold of it and work out the technology then I'll post it here (not the lang spoon, the video ya nut!), but nae laughin ya bass...

No comments: